"We can change the world by coming together, sharing together, working together, succeeding together!"
A Vision for Continuous Improvement
We at Coats Elementary School strive to be a community of learners who values all of its members. The purpose of this community is to provide a quality education through an array of opportunities to learn and succeed. This will be done in an atmosphere of mutual respect, so that each of us can become an effective and productive individual.
Our Philosophy and Goals:
The educational development of the total child takes place in an atmosphere of mutual respect among teacher, parent and student. The school's responsibility, in part, is to take the child at his/her present level of development and help prepare him/her for a useful life. Also, the school must involve parents and community members in the child's education. Educational development includes the education of the total person (mental, physical, emotional and social development). The best methods of educational development are those that stimulate thinking, urge problem solving, promote decision-making, encourage creativity, develop incentive for further individual and group study, and inspire exploration. The school philosophy is expressed through the following goals:
1. To provide educators who teach basic skills so each student is able to function in society according to his/her optimum ability
2. To help each learner develop a positive self-concept
3. To provide an atmosphere that encourages learning with clear, logical thinking
4. To encourage and nurture the development of creativity, self-expression, sense of dignity, responsibility, and an appreciation for our cultural heritage
5. To provide opportunities for children to develop good, mutual, interpersonal relationships necessary for their mental, physical, and emotional well-being
6. To nurture, love, and respect others
7. To provide continuing staff development opportunities, which will augment staff skills
8. To continually evaluate the total educational program
9. To provide a philosophy and objectives clearly stated in writing and presented to
staff, pupils, parents, and community through parent/teacher organization, school
advisory committee, and various news media