2nd at the ECC conference tournament
Congratulate the following wrestlers for their success at the ECC conference tournament:
1st Caleb Brown 126 lbs
1st Charistian Canales 152 lbs
1st Xavier Hunter 220 lbs
2nd Hunter Young 132 lbs
2nd Malik Abney 160 lbs
2nd Jarmonte Fuller 170 lbs
2nd Harvey Wade 182 lbs
3rd Jason Bryant 138 lbs
3rd Shawn Lemon 285 lbs
Go to bottom of page to understand why every football player should wrestle.
11/21/12 Northern Nash dual team tourny
11/27/12 Harnett county quad @ Triton match at 6pm
12/1/12 Southern Durham tournament
12/6/12 Clinton at Triton
12/8/12 Wakefield High school tournament
12/11/12 Southern Wayne @ Triton
12/15/12 Smithfield/Selma tournament
12/20/12 Triton at Clinton tri match
1/2/13 Away @ Eastern Wayne
1/5/13 North Brunswick JV/Varsity tourny
1/8/13 Open (Exam week)
1/12/13 Knightdale individual tournament
1/19/13 Corinth Holders high tournament
1/23/13 CB Aycock @ Triton
1/26/13 Pine Forest tournament
1/29/13 Away @ South Johnston
2/5/13 Cleveland @ Triton
2/9/13 ECC Tournament
2/12/13 1st round dual team tournament
2/22 - 2/23 Individual Regionals
2/28 - 3/2 Individual State championships
Ten good reasons for football players to wrestle:
1. Agility - the ability of one to change the positoin of his body efficiently and easily
2. Quickness - the ability to make a series of movements in a very short period of time.
3. Balance - the maintenance of body equilibrium through muscular control.
4. Flexibility - the ability to make a wide range of muscular movemets.
5. Coordination - the ability to put together a combination of movemets in a flowing rhythm.
6. Endurance - the development of muscular and cardiovascular respiratory stamina.
7. Muscular Power (explosiveness) - the ability to use strength and speed simultaneously.
8. Aggressiveness - the willingness to keep on trying or pushing your adversary at all times.
9. Discipline - the desire to make the sacrifices necessary to become a better athlete and person.
10. A winning attitude - the inner knowledge that you will do your best - win or lose.