Anderson Creek Programs
Home School Reading Program:
The administration, faculty, and staff of Anderson Creek Primary School believe that when parents, grandparents, siblings, and mentors read with students, we will have a school full of excellent readers. Our motto is: Families of Readers = A School of Readers. We want our parents and grandparents to read to their children and grandchildren fifteen minutes or longer every night. Our parents are involved and excited about their children's progress at Anderson Creek. Visit our school, and you will see a beautiful banner on each grade level hall that reflects all our reading leaders and their reading progress this school year.
Family Fun Day:
The school's annual Family Fun Day provides an opportunity for families to become active members of the Anderson Creek Primary School team. Parents are invited to work with us in building a strong partnership in education. Activities include food, door prizes, entertainment, fun and information from community agencies.
Partners in Education:
Anderson Creek Primary School is proud to have outstanding participation in our Parents in Education Program, which is sponsored by Harnett County Schools. Our Partners in Education provide incentives and tutors to support our educational program. We extend our sincere appreciation to each Partner in Education:
- Bojangles - Lillington, NC
- Food Lion - Anderson Creek, NC
- Overhills High School - Chorus, JROTC, Men of Distinction
- The Church at Anderson Creek - Spring Lake, NC
- Union United Methodist Church - Lillington, NC
- Flat Branch Presbyterian Church - Bunnlevel, NC
- Flat Branch Volunteer Fire Department - Bunnlevel, NC
- Anderson Creek Fire Department - Spring Lake, NC
- South River Electric Cooperative - Dunn, NC (Bright Ideas Grant)
- New Hope Baptist Church - Spring Lake, NC
- Pizza Hut - Lillington, NC
- Wal-Mart - Spring Lake, NC
- Dairy Queen - Spring Lake, NC
- Anderson Creek Alumni Association - Anderson Creek, NC
- Sardis Presbyterian Church - Linden, NC
- Kiwanis - Lillington, NC
- WHOA Thrift Store - Olivia, NC
- Paktech Shipping - Anderson Creek, NC
- ACPS Parents and Volunteers
- Layton Chapel Baptist Church - Anderson Creek, NC
- Fusion Church - Spring Lake, NC
- Real Life Church - Spring Lake, NC
The Bus SuperStars program gives students an opportunity to be rewarded for safe bus behavior. All students have a signed Bus Contract on file in the school office and are asked to follow their contract for appropriate behavior on their school bus. Each week, one student from each bus is selected for recognition. The students receive a free ice cream and a "Bus SuperStar" pencil. We encourage all students to be models of safe bus behavior and challenge them to earn the award!
Character Cub Stars:
This program provides the opportunity for students to be recognized for exemplifying the particular character education trait of the month. Each classroom chooses one student per month who reflects the trait of that month. Then, our guidance counselors choose one student each month from each class to be our Character Cub of the Month. Photos and information about our Cubs can be seen displayed on the bulletin board in our school lobby and outside their classroom doors. The monthly character education traits are listed on the Guidance section of the Special Areas page of this website.
Students of the Week:
This program provides an opportunity for each student to experience success while in school. Each classroom chooses a student each week that exhibits positive character traits. Students' names are announced on the school intercom for students to come to the office and receive congratulations from the principal and assistant principal. Students are presented a Student of the Week certificate with a pencil and we display their pictures on our bulletin board with pride.