Middle School Eligibility Guidelines
In order to participate in middle school athletics, a 6th, 7th or 8th grade student must meet all of the following guidelines:
A. A student cannot participate if he/she is repeating a grade.
B. Based on the previous semester (not last 9 weeks grade), a student must pass 3 out of 4 core classes for the semester.
* Football, Volleyball, Soccer: Previous spring semester grades
* Cheerleading (1st Half --- Sept-Dec): Previous spring semester grades
* Basketball (1st Half --- Nov-Dec): Previous spring semester grades
* Cheerleading & Basketball (2nd Half --- Jan-Feb): Previous fall semester grades
* Baseball, Softball, Golf, Girls Soccer: Previous fall semester grades
C. Based on the previous semester, a student must have attended 85% of school days, which calculates to no more than 13.5 total days missed in a semester (excused or unexcused).
D. A student cannot participate if he/she turns 15 years of age on or before August 31st of that school year.
*** An athlete becomes eligible / ineligible on the first day of the new semester.