Job Shadowing Information
Job Shadow Information
Interested in Job Shadowing?
All students MUST meet the minimum requirements and COMPLETE the following before Job Shadowing can be scheduled:
- 70 or higher in ALL classes
- parent and teacher approval on Job Shadow form
- Must not have excessive absences in any class
- Job Shadow request MUST match a Career Match from your CFNC Profile
- Student must be able to provide their own transportation to and from the Job Shadow site
- Job Shadows must be scheduled in advance and through the Career Development Coordinator
CFNC: Career Planning 101 (This MUST be done before completing a Job Shadow application)
- Log into your CFNC account (if you do not have a CFNC account you will need to create one and use your PERSONAL email address)
Once you are logged into the CFNC site - the following MUST be completed
- Click on the Orange Plan Tab
- For A Career
- Learn About Yourself
- Career Cluster Survey
- Interest Profiler
- Career Key
- Ability Profiler
- My Learning Style
When Complete -Click “Add to Profile” to SAVE this information to your account!
Once all required CFNC assessments have been completed, complete a Job Shadowing Form and return it ASAP to Mrs. Williamson in Room #312. Job Shadow Forms are located outside of Room #312
Once you have turned in the completed Job Shadow Form, Mrs. Williamson will contact you to discuss job shadowing opportunities and work out a scheduled time and location.
The purpose of Job Shadowing is to:
- Develop an awareness of the education, training, and skills required in a specific occupation.
- Become familiar with the environment associated with a specific occupation.
- Identify the job-related characteristics required of specific careers.
- Determine the degree of interest in an identified occupation.
- Observe the job responsibilities of a person in a profession of your area of interest.
The student will gain:
- First-hand experience in a job setting related to your career interests
- Obtain a better understanding of job requirements
- Ability to make better career decisions
- Develop confidence in communicating with adults
- Improved self-image
- Increased motivation to excel in school