To apply to become a substitute in Harnett County you must be 21 years old.
Please complete the following items:
- Complete the App Garden Effective Substitute Teacher Course (information is listed below)
- Complete online application using the Applitrack link
- Please upload the following to the Applitrack application
- Two forms of identification
- Completed Health Certificate
- High School or College Transcripts
- Certificate from App Garden Effective Teacher Training
Once you have completed all of the required information, you must attend a brief orientation with the HR department. You will be contacted to set up a time for this once all of your information has been turned in. You may NOT start work without attending this session.
Retirees wanting to Substitute:
Please contact Debra Lee for a Retiree Application.
910-893-8151 ext. 248
- Uncertified Substitute Pay $80 per day
- Certified (Must have currently NC Teaching License) $103 per day
- Subbing for Teacher Assistants $55 per day
Effective Substitute Teacher Course
- The Effective Substitute Teacher Course will be an option for potential substitutes that need to meet minimum requirements to serve as a substitute teacher.
- The VIRTUAL training is offered by the App-Garden University.
- There are many benefits to you as a sub such as the ability to train anytime and anywhere you have access to the internet.
- The Harnett County Schools Effective Substitute Teacher Course is $49.00.
- Once you complete this training course, you may print a certificate of completion to keep for your record and upload into your Applitrack Application. The district office will be sent a report of your completion, and this will also be a record of your intent to sub this year.
- You may review the course as many times as you feel necessary within your one-year enrollment in the course which begins on the date of the purchase. You will go to the following link to purchase the Harnett County Schools Substitute Teacher training.
- All subs are required to take the refresher once a year in order to stay active in the substitute system.
Please review the following Powerpoint: BBP Training
Once you have reviewed the Powerpoint, please complete this Google Form.
**Please note limitations on the amount of time each sub may work is 14 days a month.**