Area of Focus
2018-2019 Areas of Focus
Title I funds are used by Harnett County Schools to improve student learning and increase the quality of instruction in all Title I schools. Areas of focus for resources and funding during the 2018-19 school year are outlined below.
- Independent Reading support through classroom student libraries and at-home student libraries
- Intervention Instruction support by K-5 Instructional Coaches
- Ongoing support of curriculum and instruction goals by on-site K-5 Instructional Coaches
- Problem-Solving Model implementation for analyzing and improving core foundational instruction and making data-informed decisions regarding individual student needs
- Professional development opportunities for K-5 teachers related to core foundational instruction
- Professional development opportunities for K-5 teachers related to evidence-based intervention instruction
- Reading Recovery Program implementation
- Reduction of class size as determined by site administrators
- Supplemental tutoring model utilizing Title I funding (based on a per pupil allocation)
- Technology instruction
*Instructional Coach and Reading Recovery Teacher positions paid from district level
are stationed in and provide direct services to schools.