Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree from NC State University
Mr. Jody Milliron
Learn about FFA, SAE projects, Ag History and a brief introduction into: Horticulture (plants); Livestock, Wildlife, Forestry, Ag Shop Skills and Foods.
What will we do in class?
Learn about Agriculture by doing the following:
· PARTICIPATING in Class Lectures by listening and taking notes
· VISITING Local farms and Ag businesses
· HEAR from Guest Speakers, listening respectfully, ask questions
· WORKING on the school grounds
· CONDUCTING an Agriscience Experiment
· WRITING Research Reports and article summaries
· READING Articles in recent media relating to Agriculture
· CALCULATE amount of materials needed to complete an AG project
· CALCULATE mathematical problems
Course Policies - Behavior and School Rules:
Students are expected to follow all school rules at all times, regardless if we are in the classroom or at a location off campus.
Students are encouraged to bring a set of “old” clothes to be used as “lab clothes” this semester. Students may “claim” a shelf space to place their belongings in (please remember to occasionally take them home and wash them). It is the individual student’s responsibility to bring in these clothes and you are not to borrow or use someone else’s belongings. Please remember that students are required to participate in all lab activities!
Assignments & Special Needs:
When completing assignments in class, in labs or even the occasional homework assignment, students are expected to perform task in a timely manner. Failure to do so will be dealt with appropriate consequences. If you have a special need or challenge that needs to be faced, please let me know as soon as possible so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
Participation with the FFA is highly recommended so that students may be exposed to a wide array of leadership development and educational opportunities outside the classroom. Dues are $15 per year.
I also Coach Boys and Girls Golf here at Harnett Central.