WHHS Student Registration Information
Online Course Guide
General registration information:
- EDIT: Due to COVID-19 and school closure, if you did not turn in a registration form, please email your counselor.
- Registration information will be distributed in homeroom on February 26, 2020.
- Please review the packet/information and discuss choices with your parent/guardian.
- Completed Registration Forms should be turned in to your 4th period teacher beginning March 4, 2020.
- Counselors will start meeting with students (individually) during 4th block beginning Wednesday, March 4, 2020. Please wait for your class to be called to the media center. Counselors will meet with every student to review their registration form and transcript before any choices are finalized. This process will take 6-8 weeks to get to all students in the building. Please be patient until your class is called down.
THINGS TO NOTE:
- There should be 8 classes chosen for ALL students. (This is core classes and electives totaled.)
- If you will be a senior and plan to do early grad, you will only chose four classes and TWO alternates.
- Everyone must also include FOUR alternate choices. (Alternates are second choice electives that can be used if your first choice electives are full.)
- If you will be a senior and would like to take FLEX, your parent must come in and sign a FLEX form. You can do FLEX once per semester, senior year if you have enough credits. The permission form can not be sent home with students.
- After students have met with their counselor and registration forms are finalized, there will be NO schedule changes for electives; this includes if you recieve a class that you listed as an alternate. Please make informed choices!!
- When schedules are distributed at open house in August, if there is an ERROR on your schedule (some examples of errors are: getting a class that you have already taken and passed OR getting the next level of a class when you have not taken (or passed) the first level OR missing a class that is needed for graduation), please contact your counselor during the first week of fall semester.
- Scheduling errors (including errors for the spring semester) should be corrected within the first week of the fall semester.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
Registration Forms can be picked up in homeroom or in the guidance office.
Grade Level Notes - Important things to remember when choosing classes, by grade (these are listed on the registration form).
Honors/AP Contract - Must have form signed by your parent/guardian and returned to enroll in Honors & AP courses.
Career and College Promise Application* - For rising 11th and 12th grade students wanting to take college courses while in high school. Contact Mr. Ben Thomas, CCP Advisor, at email@example.com with questions about the CCP courses. This needs to be returned to Mr. Thomas in Room 422.
NCVPS Application* - For any students taking online courses through the North Carolina Virtual Public School.
CTE Public Safety Academies (Fire Tech and EMT) and Harnett Health Sciences Academy - Email Mrs. Fallin at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about these academies and programs. Click here for an "Academy To Do Checklist."
*For links/information about our Career and College Promise and North Carolina Virtual Public School courses, please visit the "Find Your Future" section!!