New Student Requirements
Admission Requirements for Harnett County Schools
The documents listed below are required at the time of enrollment in Harnett County Schools.
North Carolina law also requires all students entering NC Public Schools for the first time to present a completed Health Assessment Transmittal Form within thirty calendar days of attendance.
- The Health Assessment Transmittal form must be completed in its entirety.
- The Health Assessment Transmittal form must be completed no more than 12 months prior to the date of school entry. “Date of Assessment” must be filled in.
- The Health Assessment Transmittal form must be completed, signed and dated by a physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner or a public health nurse meeting the Department of Health and Human Services screener standards.
- Health Assessment Transmittal Form
- Health Assessment Transmittal Form-Spanish
Immunization requirements for students 9th through 12th Grade
- DTP/ DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis)- 5 doses - The initial series of three doses plus 2 booster doses, if the 4th dose was given after 4th birthday, 5th dose is not required. There must be a dose given after 4th birthday.
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) - 1 booster dose required for all students prior to entering Grade 7 if five years have passed since last dose of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid.
- Meningitis 1 dose required for all students prior to entering Grade 7.
- OPV/IPV (Polio) - 4 doses - the initial series of three doses plus a booster dose. If the 3rd dose was given after 4th birthday, the 4th dose is not required.
- MMR - 2 doses OR - 2 doses of measles vaccines, 2 doses of mumps vaccine, 1 dose of rubella vaccine – usually given combined as MMR. The 1st measles or MMR must have been given on/after 1st birthday. There must be 30 days between first and second dose of measles or MMR.
- Hib – If child is 5 or older, Hib is not required. If child is younger than 5, 3 doses and a booster dose on/after 1st birthday are required. 1 dose on/after 15 mos. meets the requirement.
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses – required for all children born on/after 7/1/94.
- Varicella - 2 doses - given on/after 1st birthday for children born on/after April 1, 2001 or history of disease documented in writing by parent or physician (age of child or date of disease).