ATTENDANCE - A student must live within the Benhaven School district in order to attend Benhaven School. If you live outside the district you must obtain permission from the Harnett County Board of Education. All students attending this school for the first time must complete proper registration forms in the office.
- INSTRUCTIONAL DAY - The instructional day begins at 8:15 AM and ends at 3:00 PM. Students are not permitted on campus prior to 7:45 AM. When students arrive, they go directly to homeroom or breakfast. Car riders who want to eat breakfast at school should arrive by 8:00 AM. All students should be in class by 8:15 AM. The tardy bell will ring at 8:15 AM. The car rider bell will ring at 3:00 PM and the bus bell at 3:05 PM.
- ABSENCES - All students are required to attend school according to the adopted school calendar. You may be absent from school legally if the reason is one of the seven allowed under the State Compulsory Attendance Law. You will find these valid excuses listed below in the Harnett County Attendance Policy. Any questions of enforcement should be directed to the school principal. It will be the responsibility of the student to contact his/her teacher or teachers as to details concerning makeup work. Within three days following an absence you must present a note from home to your homeroom teacher explaining your absence. Absence will be coded unlawful if a note is not received within 3 days of the absence. The note requesting that an absence be excused must contain the following:
- Student's name
- Date or dates of absences
- Date note is being written.
- Reason for absence.
- Parent signature
*Please read carefully the attendance policy adopted for K-8 students located in the Harnett County Code of Conduct/ Policies section of the student handbook.
- TARDY/ EARLY LEAVE - Attendance is important and being on time is equally important. Students who arrive after 8:15 AM are required to report to the office to obtain a tardy slip. Students will not be allowed to enter class without a tardy slip from the office. It is important that students attend school for the entire day. Students must be signed in or out from the Main Office by a parent or someone from their approved pick up list. Early dismissal for medical or dental reasons will be excused. A statement from the physician may be requested. A student must arrive before 11:30 AM, to be counted present for the day and remain at least 3 ½ hours. The instructional day ends at 3:00 p.m. Our teachers are instructing their students until the last possible moment and we expect to have students with us until dismissal. We do understand occasional early leaves, such as a doctor or dentist appointment. When these appointments arise, we ask that you sign students out before 2:30 p.m. We will not sign out students after 2:30 p.m. Safety is our #1 concern and we use this time to wrap up our instructional day and prepare for dismissal. We understand there will be emergency situations that will be handled on a case by case situation by administration. Do not go directly to classrooms to pick up students. This causes distractions and is also a safety issue. We appreciate your support and understanding.
- KIDS ROCK – This is our before and after school care program for students of parents who work. If you need to leave your child at school before 7:45 AM, you will need to register with Kids Rock. Students may not be left unattended after 3:15 PM. The phone number for this program is (919) 499-1668. Contact Kid's Rock for additional information and pricing.