SCIENCE FAIR 2020
LaFayette Science Fair - January 17, 2020
Science Fair projects set up 8:35
School views projects 2-2:45
Then all projects taken home.
Science Fair Websites
1. California State Science Fair: Read about this science fair which has been going on since 1952! You can learn how to enter, get help with your own project, or see a directory of past projects.http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/
2. Science Buddies: Use the topic selection wizard to help you figure out what science projects interest you most. Once you have a topic, get help doing research, setting up the experiments, and completing them. http://www.sciencebuddies.org/
3. Science Fair Central: Includes cool project ideas, a science fair handbook, reviews of students' experiments, and more from Discovery Channel School. http://school.discoveryeducation.com/sciencefaircentral/
4. Science Fair Project Resource Guide: Samples, ideas, magazines, resources, and more. Includes a list of sites that explain the Scientific Method. http://www.ipl.org/div/kidspace/projectguide/
5. Scientific Method: Describes the five steps of the Scientific Method that are helpful when creating a science fair project. Includes examples of wording and sample projects to explain certain steps.http://school.discoveryeducation.com/sciencefaircentral/Getting-Started/Investigation.html
6. Super Science Fair Projects: Guide to projects, topics, experiments, and tips for successfully completing a science project, including the six steps of the Scientific Method. http://www.super-science-fair-projects.com/
7. What Makes a Good Science Fair Project?: Short guide written by a group of experienced judges for the California State Science Fair. http://cssf.usc.edu/Resources/Good_Project.html
Please review the Science Fair Packet, if you have any questions please contact your child’s teacher at LaFayette Elementary School 919-552-4353.