Triple P suggests using the following 5 ways to create a positive learning environment:
1. Help your child to be optimistic.
2. Teach your child to evaluate their own achievements.
3. Show them how to be a self-encourager.
4. Show them how to work through a problem.
5. Send the message that mistakes aren't just 'okay'- they're an important way to learn.
The Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) offers tips and ideas to help parents deal with big and small problems of family life. There are group courses and private sessions. You can even do a course online. If you would like more information, please contact Dawn Doan, School Social Worker, at 910-890-0821 or email@example.com.