School Media Center
Need To Look Up A Book? Click Here For DESTINY.
Tracy Gaines ~ School Library Media Specialist
- Kindergartens are allowed to check out one book.
- First and Second Graders may check out two books.
- Third through Fifth Graders may check out three books at a time.
- Students are encouraged to check-out at least one non-fiction.
- Parents are allowed to check-out six titles once they set up an account.
- Loan period for the above is two weeks. If you need a book for longer, please bring it in the media center to be renewed. We appreciate the help of students and parents in taking care of our media collection. If a book is in need of repair, please bring in to the attention of the school's media specialist. Do not try to repair it yourself.
- Overdue fines are not charged, but your student may not check out additional books until all overdue books have been returned. If a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, you will need to pay the replacement cost for the book.
Media Center Expectations
- Come in quietly and sit with your assigned group.
- Listen quietly when the teacher is talking or reading a book aloud.
- Raise your hand to speak and wait to be called on.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself.
- No running or horse play in the media center.
- Respect the media center and its resources.
- Line up quietly when asked.
- Your volume should not be above a level 1.
- Straighten your station before leaving.
- Follow all LaFayette School expectations.